The word “needle” is often unpleasant and evokes agitation. It may give you flashbacks of terrifying pediatrician clinics. Countless people are apprehended by injections or needles. However, microneedling is here to change the game. This procedure is comfortable, doesn’t have downtime, and noticeably makes your skin younger. If you want to know how microneedling works, then you are in the right place.
What Precisely is Microneedling?
This treatment is perfect for those who are worried about sagging, volume loss, wrinkles, or skin discoloration. It is designed for the face and other parts of the body to improve skin well-being and appearance. Primarily, microneedling in Dallas, TX addresses enlarged pores, wrinkles as well as hyperpigmentation. It also encourages the healing abilities of your skin by boosting its texture and tone. Besides, the procedure treats scarring, stretch marks, and acne. It makes this possible by delicately damaging the topmost layers of the skin. The healing process heightens the creation of collagen to handle these skin flaws and blemishes.
You may think the process is aggressive and lengthy. Surprisingly, the procedurew is plainly invasive, only takes half an hour, and safe regardless of skin type. If you are still anxious, let us go through the step-by-step process entailed in the treatment.
- First, the cosmetic surgeon will apply a numbing cream. Numbing the skin makes the microneedling treatment as comfy as possible.
- Second, they will utilize a specialized device or machine on your skin. Some clinics use SkinPen, the first device used for microneedling that the Food and Drug Administration approves.
- Third, small needles will stab the skin to promote the body’s natural healing process. The depth of the needles depends on your tolerance as well as desired results. The mechanical wound to the uppermost layers of your skin encourages increased production of collagen. This vital protein remodels the skin.
- Additionally, the redness triggers the immune system, which boosts the blood flow and makes new, healing tissue. You can further improve this treatment’s effectiveness by adding other treatments like platelet-rich plasma.
- The expert will use the device one more time with the addition of platelet rich plasma from your own cells.
- After the procedure, the surgeon will put on a soothing cream or gel. This will cool your skin and, at the same time, prevent it from drying after the treatment. So, expect to see it reddish or pinkish. Also, you may experience skin tightness, dryness, tenderness, or itching.
- Once done, you can immediately go back to your daily routine. However, don’t apply makeup and other topical products for twenty-four hours. That’s because any chemical that may come in contact with your skin can have detrimental effects.
To Sum Up
If you want to know what microneedling can do to your skin, it is imperative to consult a licensed expert. Though you may want it badly for cosmetic purposes, you may not be qualified for it due to some influencing factors. It is always better to be safe than sorry. So, conduct research to know the best clinic that you can trust.