Tooth contouring or dental reshaping is a cosmetic dental procedure wherein small amounts of tooth enamel are removed to change the shape of your teeth. If you feel conscious about your teeth or seek a painless treatment to treat cracked, chipped, or overlapping, tooth contouring is an excellent procedure to blur minor imperfections. If you’re thinking about how tooth contouring can reshape your teeth, a Hollywood, Florida dentist can help. This article highlights everything you need to know about tooth contouring. Let’s dive in!
What is Tooth Contouring?
Tooth reshaping or tooth contouring is a cosmetic dentistry that contours and removes the tooth enamel for an excellent appearance. The primary aim of cosmetic contouring is to alter your teeth length, shape, and overall appearance to enhance your smile and teeth appearance. This dental procedure also addresses imperfections like chipped or cracked teeth or misalignment.
How Does Tooth Contouring Work?
When a professional and skilled dentist performs the tooth contouring procedure, the patient experiences no pain during and after the procedure is completed. Your dentist will conduct dental X-rays to evaluate the location and size of the pulp in every tooth to check the condition. They gently remove a certain amount of enamel using a drill and laser. Once the contouring is completed, reshaping will take around 30 minutes to transform your teeth.
Benefits of Tooth Contouring
Here are the top benefits of tooth contouring:
- Improves the tooth appearance by altering the size and shape of your teeth.
- Fixes chipped, cracked, improperly aligned, or crooked teeth.
- Tooth contouring can prevent teeth grinding by evening uneven teeth.
- Makes it easier to clean the spaces between your teeth.
- Tooth contouring is a quick and convenient process
- You won’t feel any pain during the tooth contouring procedure.
- Tooth contouring is a permanent procedure that does not require reshaping.
Who Should Get Tooth Contouring?
People with chipped, broken, sharp teeth or mild bite issues should get tooth contouring. If you have longer teeth or minor misalignments, tooth contouring is recommended.
Tips to Keep Healthy Teeth After Contouring
Here are the top tips to keep healthy teeth after contouring:
- Avoid sugary drinks and snacks
- Take calcium supplements into your diet.
- Do not clench your jaw or grind your teeth.
- Use a non-abrasive toothpaste
- Follow the 2-time brushing and 1-time flossing rule
- See your dentist at least 2 times a year.
Teeth contouring is an affordable and effective treatment for tooth and smile appearance. This article highlights how tooth contouring can reshape your teeth.